Saturday, 8 January 2011

Highlights of 2010


2010 has been full of ups and downs, in my life as well as many others. I've been inspired by many wonderful creatives this year and thought they deserved a quick mention amongst all my ramblings. For those that you should know;

Christopher Nolan
One of my filmmaking heroes! Inception was mind-blowing and one of the best movies I have ever seen in my life! I've never been one for choosing favourites as there's always so much choice, but this has won my vote! Well done Mr Nolan, Inception, like so many of your other films (The Dark Knight, The Prestige etc.) was beautifully shot, cut and the storyline was gripping.

Darren Aronofsky
Black Swan was exquisite. Edgy and dark yet beautiful and elegant at the same time. The "dancing" camera was very impressive and complimented the dancing so incredibly well. Fantastic casting and you can really appreciate all the effort both cast and crew have put into this production! Thank you for integrating my two favourite things of all time!

Jane Xu Jinglei
Go girl power! Beautiful, talented and creative. A great actress and a director with a contemporary vision. Though Go Lala Go! wasn't one of the best films I've ever seen, the storyline was simple yet addressed the issues of the modern woman; career and/or love. Something that I have thought about many a time myself over the last couple of years. Throw in some wonderfully executed effects and editing style and you have one feel-good film that I have genuinely enjoyed watching time and time again.


And for those that some of you may know but if not then from here on out should definitely keep an eye out for;

Howard Whiddett aka Cable Clef
One of the most talented music composers I've had the pleasure to work with. His music is sketchy, unique and right up my street! A fun and easy-going guy, thanks for all the work you've done for Goldsmiths Dance! Check out his website and audio portfolio!

Seldom Differ
My funny and talented friends from The Farm Group Post Production! It's been a real blast working with you all and I've enjoyed every minute of it! I've always felt so much more creative when I'm around other creative people so it's been a big eye-opener! Check out their hilariously weird videos on their website!

All Dancers & Instructors of Goldsmiths Dance
Past and present. Everyone's talents, dedication and spirit has really fuelled the clogs in the old noggin and kept my motivation at it's all time high! It's wonderful to see everyone enjoy the club and just have fun, keep up the good work and I will continue churning out the videos! More information on the club's website.

Filmmakers of all the Videos I've seen this Year
Too many to list! Thank you for creating ultra cool videos that have really impressed me and motivated me to keep doing what I'm doing. Though not all the videos I've seen were brilliant, even those that were only so-so (and even in some cases - sorry to say - just simply bad!) were able to teach me things that I should improve on or not do in my own projects so I'm glad I've seen those videos as well! Keep making videos everyone and thank you for the ones you've already made! Here's to many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment