Sunday, 30 January 2011
Road to the BAFTAs
Usually my Wednesday nights are spent at home with the housemates. We're all usually either working, playing games or glued to the computers doing whatever we normally do. We have dinner together, chat at the table, clean up and then return to whatever we were doing before dinner. As boring and repetitive as that sounds it's actually comforting to me and I'm really happy. It reminds me of being at home and stops me from getting overly homesick at times. This Wednesday was very different though.
This Wednesday 26th January, 2011 was spent at the BAFTA building in the heart of London. For those that don't know - but really should know, especially with the picture above! - BAFTA stands for the British Academy of Film & Television Arts. Now, don't too excited, I didn't attend the Award Ceremony, as much as I wish I did! That is marked up on the calendar for the 13th February...alas to be watched at home and not live at the Royal Opera House! Instead, I was at the BAFTAs to see the first official screening of the four final project films of the MA Filmmaking students from last year.
Each film had it's individual character and unique attributes and were exceptionally well executed. In fact, you could not at all, for a single minute tell that they were student-made short films! Of course, nothing is ever perfect. So, there were certain things that were noticeable that could have been a bit better or tweaked slightly. But overall, a wonderful showcase of hard work and passion.
I thoroughly enjoyed my evening at the BAFTA building. I learnt a lot of things and met a sensational group of people that gave me an insight of the year ahead of me. I'm nervous about the standard of work we have been set with last year's students' films, but I'm also extremely excited about rising to the challenge and hopefully exceeding these high standards! In a year's time I will be back at the BAFTA building, but this time it will be my coursemates and myself that are in the limelight. We will be screening our films and that will be our time to shine...I can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment