Wednesday, 22 December 2010
Goldsmiths Dance
I wanted to take an opportunity to talk about my previous projects and thought I'd start with one closest to my heart: Goldsmiths Dance. The business card above was printed when we first started the club, the club colours and designs change each year as shown below, but seeing as it was one of our first pieces I had to include it here. All designs shown here are my own, designed and used for Goldsmiths Dance only.
These were our very first promotional posters in 2008. We didn't order many as we only used them during Freshers Fayre mainly. With my Vice-Captain and I modelling for our own posters we hoped to demonstrate to members that we were enthusiastic and had the dance experience to support this club. This tradition of having team members in our promotional material continued onto next year's leaflets as well.
Our promotional leaflets of 2009. The leaflets were double-sided, with our information on the back. The above design is simply the front. All models are members of the admin team 2009-10. However, due to some complications with certain people moving away and commitment issues not everyone ended up staying on the committee but I'm glad we had this as our leaflet anyway. I hope it showed everyone the diversity of not only the classes we offered but of the people that were welcome to come as well. We welcomed everyone of any ability, age or gender into our classes and this motto still stands strong today.
Black & White (Christmas Term 2009) was our very first showcase as a club and I've never been more proud of everyone involved. The show was decided upon very last minute actually as I never planned to put one on, but after a few suggestions by the members I thought it would be productive for the dancers to have something to work towards. Black & White was also the very first show that I have organised and not danced in, it was so much hard work and the work load was almost impossible to fit into the short amount time we had. However, we pulled it off and it went exceptionally well with over 100 audience members showing up to watch! We managed to fundraise a lot of money and everyone had a wonderful time, which at the end of the day is what it's really all about. The annual Christmas showcase is now something that stays in tradition with the club and every year one is put on for everyone to look forward to, dancers and audience members alike.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment